Saturday, December 24, 2011

How to post documents online (not Google Docs)?

When I welcome new members to my site, I'd like to give them the link to a document that explains everything they need to know about the site. To do this, I'll need to find a (free!) host that allows me to post documents online and send the link to anyone who needs it. It's important that I can have infinite downloads.





Any ideas (links to sites please)?|||www.scribd.com is a good site for this.|||Find a host, upload the document with your FTP client. Then simply link to the file.





for example if it is a .pdf the url might be, http://www.free.com/site/yourdoc.pdf





always warn people when clicking a link will open a document like a pdf.|||another option is to use filesharing sites like mediafire, rapidshare, hotfile, megaupload, etc etc





even large files of 100 mb can be shared this way

No comments:

Post a Comment